Connect with us

Metro

Demolition allegation: Stop feeding the public with lies Dumebi Kachikwu tells Obinna Ararume

Published

on

Share this story

 
The Founder of Roots Television and Presidential Aspirant on the platform of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Dumebi Kachikwu, has described allegations of house demolition being peddled against him in the media by one Mr. Obinna Ararume as tissues of lies and a malicious fabrication.
 
Kachikwu who was reacting to allegations of demolishing part of Obinna Ararume’s house in Asokoro, wondered what a supposedly grown man would gain by going to the media with utter falsehood when he is well aware of the facts on ground.
 
Kachikwu said he ordinarily would not have deemed it necessary to respond to the blackmail and defamatory publications both in the television and online media, but just to state the facts as they are and prevent unsuspecting and right-thinking members of the public from being fed with lies painting him in a bad light as has already been done.
 
According to Kachikwu, the issue started about six years ago when Obinna Ararume and some other developers annexed parts of his property totaling about 1,500sqm and prevented him from utilizing his legally acquired land for development as intended.
 
Obinna Ararume on his part, had illegally annexed a part of the land measuring about 300sqm where he built a boys’ quarters, a swimming pool and a fence – a piece of land he referred to as “just two meters” in his blackmail interview with the media.
 
However, after several notices to quit were duly served on Obinna Ararume and others who had encroached on the land illegally, they all promised to remove the encumbrances they had caused to be erected on the land and indeed others removed theirs and reverted to the legal and statutory boundaries between their properties with the exception of Obinna Ararume who initially refused to peacefully remove the encumbrances claiming it formed a part of the land of his Father-In-Law (Mr. Theodore Orji – Former Governor of Abia State and now a serving Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria) but later accepted to remove his property on the land after pleading that same be relinquished to him which offer Mr. Kachikwu refused.
 
For the purpose of clarity, Kachikwu further stated: That for over six years, Obinna Ararume encroached into and annexed about 300sqm of Mr. Kachikwu’s land with a street value of over N400million and denied him the lawful use of the land by building a boys’ quarter, swimming pool and fenced the property.
 
That all entreaties to get him to remove the encumbrances in order for Mr. Kachikwu to develop the land failed as he initially claimed the said property belongs to his father-in-law and as such the property was theirs and he has armed security personnel who man and secure the property.

That about three years ago, when his swimming pool built on the land started leaking and the water colossally damaged Mr. Kachikwu’s property, Obinna’s attention was drawn to it, he made countless promises to peacefully remove the encumbrances and revert to the legal boundaries they all shared but never did.
 
After the boundary lines was formally re-established by the FCT authorities he was duly informed that Mr. Kachikwu’s engineers were going to commence work on the new boundary line which would mean removing the structures on it, and he promised to relocate his valuables from the annexed land.
 
That on Wednesday last week, Mr. Kachikwu’s engineers went to the site to begin work after Obinna Ararume and Mr. Kachikwu had communicated on WhatsApp where he promised to remove whatever valuables he had on the land. And in the said chats he did informed Mr. Kachikwu that he has removed his valuables thereby giving Mr. Kachikwu’s engineers the go ahead to commence removal of encumbrances from the land. The engineers thereafter went to the site with his knowledge and consent and commenced work to reclaim the property as re-established by the authorities.
 
Surprisingly, when the engineers returned to site on Saturday to continue their work, Obinna Ararume asked his armed security details to stop and chase them from doing their work. He thereafter invited the media to the site where he granted them interview with fabricated stories.
 
The record of the communications between Obinna Ararume and Kachikwu conclusively prove that Obinna Ararume is a liar and further establishes that not only did he acknowledge the said encroachment, he first pleaded that the land be ceded to him, citing the long-standing friendly relationship between the Ararume’s and Kachikwu’s families and then later accepted that the removal of the encumbrances be done after his plea failed.
 
That in the chats, he claimed that his family and Kachikwu’s family have had close ties for over 30 years which then destroys his claim that Kachikwu introduced himself to him
as a Presidential Aspirant.
 
By reason of the interview he granted, Mr. Kachikwu has been maligned and his character and reputation seriously damaged as he has not rested from calls from far and wide requesting for his response to the malicious story especially the publication by Africa Independent Television (AIT) who was amongst the television stations that visited Mr. Kachikwu to interview him after being invited by Mr. Obinna Ararume to the site where he said several lies against his person.
 
This press release hereby serves as a notice to Obinna Ararume to offer an unreserved apology to Mr. Kachikwu to be published in the several media outlets he employed to propagate his malicious imputations and lies against his person in which he referred to Mr. Kachikwu that he is in the habit of using security agents to intimidate and beat up Nigerians.
 
Mr. Kachikwu’s Media Office hereby state categorically that, failure on the part of Obinna Ararume to tender the said apology within the next 24 hours of this release, it will be left with no other option than to seek legal redress in a court of competent jurisdiction with the attendant consequences.
 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro

FRSC confirms death of 5 persons, 3 survivors in Kogi auto crash

Published

on

By

Share this story

By Friday Idachaba, Lokoja.

Kogi State Sector Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has confirmed the death of five persons in a fatal auto crash on Kabba-Obajana road in Kabba-Bunu Local Government Area of the state.

The State Sector Commander, Samuel Oyedeji, who confirmed the accident and death of the five to newsmen on Thursday in Lokoja said three others survived the accident with serious injuries.

Oyedeji attributed the accident which involved a Ford Galaxy space wagon and a Mazda car, to speeding and wrongful overtaking.

“The head-on collision between the two cars moving in the opposite directions happened due to speeding and wrongful overtaking by one of the drivers.

“We have been preaching against drivers flouting road safety rules and regulations, yet these motorists hardly heed our warnings.

“Five persons lost their lives in the fatal accident that left three others seriously injured,” he said.

The Sector Commander said that officers from the command immediately carried out a rescue operation at the scene of the accident and rushed the three injured persons to General Hospital, Kabba for medical attention.

Oyedeji said the remains of the five dead persons were also deposited at the mortuary of the Kabba General Hospital.

The Kogi Sector Commander admonished motorists to always endeavour to always obey road safety rules and regulations to avoid fatal auto crashes on the highways. (Ends)

Continue Reading

Metro

Sen. Kawu Sumaila mourns victims of Wudil accident

Published

on

By

Share this story

***Calls for urgent action to complete Kano-Maiduguri Road

The Senator representing Kano South Senatorial District Sulaiman Abdulrahman Kawu Sumaila has expressed sympathy with the families of 11 persons who lost their lives in an auto crash along Kano-Maiduguri federal Highway on Friday.
11 people lost their lives while 16 others were injured, with one person rescued unhurt in the auto crash at Gaya junction along the Kano – Maiduguri road.
The accident involved two vehicles – a Toyota Hummer bus with registration number KTG 190 XB and a Hijet mini pick-up with registration number KTG 501 YG.
In a statement he personally signed, Senator Sumaila expressed grief over the death of 11 persons, regretting that Kano-Maiduguri road has remained a death trap to many road users.
He said, the over 550 kilometre dualization project was awarded by the Federal Government at the end of the second tenure of the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is yet to be completed 17 years after.

Senator Sumaila explained that the importance of the road to the Nigerian economy cannot be over emphasized as it serves as an international link between Nigeria and the Chad republic, Cameroon, Niger republic and the Central Africa, which is supposed to serve as a boost for businesses among the affected countries.

According to him, also the road also connects Kano with Jigawa, Bauchi, Gombe, Yobe and Borno states, where it is playing a greater role in the economic activities of the states.

Senator Sumaila, however, lamented that despite its important, the road has claimed several lives due to non-completion of the project.

He said for almost 17 years since the award of the project, a portion of the road particularly from Wudil to Gaya has not been completed.

He said it is regrettable that although over 50 kilometers of this portion of the road have been completed, however, a distance of less than 30 kilometers of the portion has not been completed, thereby, causing accidents for its users.

Sumaila, regretted that the non-completion of the project has compelled traders from within Nigeria and the neighbouring countries to divert their businesses to other states other than Kano.

“Apart from cases of accident, armed robbery has been a constant occurrence on the road for several years. I have personally complained to the relevant authorities, yet, the problem persisted,” he said.

“It is very sad that the Federal ministry of works and housing and the contractor handling the project have failed to complete this project despite allocation of huge amount of money in the budget. I will continue to pursue for the completion of this road.”

Senator Sumaila lamented that “This is the reason why we are fighting for fairness in the budgetary allocations to the six geopolitical zones, but some people for their selfish interests are kicking against our moves.

“With enough budgetary allocations to the geopolitical zones, this kind of projects would have been finished in time. It is our duty as members of the National Assembly to channel the plights and yearnings of our constituents to the executive arm of government for the right thing to be done to improve their wellbeings.

“And one of the surest way to achieve this is to ensure fairness and equality in budgetary allocations. This is the only way projects that have direct bearing to the lives of the common man will be executed. Kano-Maiduguri, is one of the roads that is playing significant role in the wellbeing of many Nigerians, therefore, the federal government should not joke with it.

The senator, therefore, appealed to the Federal ministry of works and housing and the contractor handling the project to ensure completion of the road in order to save the lives of the people.

Continue Reading

Metro

Rising electricity tariffs killing small businesses, NASSI calls for urgent action

Published

on

By

Share this story

The Nigerian Association of Small-Scale Industrialists (NASSI) has expressed deep concern over the recent increase in electricity tariffs that is threatening the survival of its members
A statement by issued on Friday by the National President of NASSI, Chief Dr. Solomon Vongfa Daniel indicated that the hike poses a significant threat to the survival and growth of small-scale industries across the nation.
“The recent increase in electricity tariffs is a major blow to small-scale businesses in Nigeria. Many of our members are already struggling with rising input costs and a challenging economic climate. This additional burden threatens to push many of them out of business altogether.”

According to him increased electricity costs will directly eat into already tight profit margins, jeopardizing the financial sustainability of small businesses.
In a bid to manage costs, some businesses may be forced to reduce production, leading to job losses and decreased output.
“The additional financial strain will hinder the ability of small businesses to invest in expansion or modernization, hindering overall economic growth.

NASSI urged the government to consider providing targeted subsidies or tax breaks to support small businesses during this difficult time.
“We encourage the government to invest in renewable energy sources and promote energy efficiency measures to create a more sustainable and affordable electricity supply.
The association calles for open dialogue with policymakers and stakeholders to explore solutions that address the concerns of small businesses and ensure a stable and affordable electricity supply for all Nigerians.

“NASSI remains committed to supporting its members and advocating for policies that promote a thriving environment for small-scale industries.
“We urge the government to take urgent action to address this critical issue and ensure the continued success of this vital sector of the Nigerian economy.”

Continue Reading

Trending