Connect with us

Crime

Asari Dokubo calls out Nigerian Military, Cabal over Oil theft in Nigeria

Published

on

Share this story

A  former Niger Delta militant leader, Asari Dokubo, has called out the Nigerian military for being behind 99 percent of oil theft in the country.

Dokubo gave the indication after a private meeting with President Bola Tinubu in his office on Friday.

He disclosed that the President has promised to investigate allegations of huge oil bunkering by notorious naval commanders that are kingpins, and promised to take decisive action to halt the shameful act.

Dokubo added that there are powerful cabals operating from Abuja, vowing that these powerful forces in place have now met their match and many people would soon be marching to Kuje.

He has volunteered to use his boys to assist and do the necessary to halt the evil.

The former militant leader argued that ordinary Niger Delta citizens who are often blamed for oil theft are not responsible, as they do not have the wherewithal to perform such sophisticated act of stealing.

According to him, the manner in which the oil thieves have gone about their criminal activities has stripped the people of the Niger Delta of their livelihood, and it is a crime against humanity.

Dokubo also alleged that it is an act of blackmail for the military to say that they have insufficient armaments to deal with insecurity, accusing them of forfeiting their weapons to the insurgents, which continued to fuel the insurgency.

News Point Nigeria has reached out to the military for a reaction and a response is being awaited as of the time of filing this report.

In October last year, the Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, vowed to investigate oil theft activities in the Niger Delta.

General Irabor made the vow when he alongside the Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), Mele Kyari, visited scene of the illegal insertions at the Trans-Escravos pipeline in the Yokiri area of Delta State.

“This is an eye-opener and I’m glad that I’ve come here,” the General said. “This is really very sad and we are going to get to the root of it all. There will be an investigation that will go through the entire length of the chain to establish who did this and how long it has been, among several other issues,” he had said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Nigerian Military clamps down on Yoruba Nation Agitators, apprehend 9

Published

on

By

Share this story

Troops of the Nigerian Army on Saturday clamped down and apprehended 9 adherents of the Yoruba Nation who invaded the Oyo state Secretariat

Kitted in foreign military camouflage with berets and armed with dangerous weapons the attackers arrived in a commado style in buses and motorbikes, and started shooting sporadically after sighting the troops
However, the troops with superior firepower subdued the attackers, who retreated but in disarray.
The Director of Army Public Relations, Major General Onyema Nwachukwu in a statement indicated that 9 members of the irredentist group were apprehended, while one Semi Automatic Pump Action rifle and ammunition were recovered.

He said while the situation is under control, troops have gone out to track down the fleeing adherents.

“We assure members of the public that all necessary measures are being taken to ensure the safety and security of the general area.

“We urge the public to remain calm and vigilant, and to report any suspicious activity to the appropriate security agencies. The safety and security of the citizenry remain a priority, as we will continue to work tirelessly to maintain peace and order in the region,” Major General Nwachukwu assured

Continue Reading

Crime

Kidnappers highjack two Abuja-bound buses conveying passengers in Kogi

Published

on

By

Share this story

***Police confirms abduction of passengers

By Friday Idachaba, Lokoja

Two buses fully loaded with Passengers travelling from the Eastern part of the country to Abuja have been highjacked and passengers abducted in Inele-Eteke Ogugu new road in Kogi east Senatorial district

The two buses belonging to God Is Good (GIG) transport and Logistics company and the ABC transport company were highjacked while heading to Abuja by Kidnappers in Kogi state.

The source further discosed that GIG bus left umuahia at 7:30 am on Saturday on its way to Abuja.

GIG motor

GIG company it was gathered has contacted security services and they are tracking them.

Meanwhile the Kogi State Police Command has confirmed the Saturday kidnap of passengers aboard two Abuja-bound buses from the Eastern part of the country on Inele-Eteke Ogugu new road in Kogi East Senatorial district of the state.

The Command’s Public Relations Officer, Williams Aya (SP) made the confirmation in a statement made available to newsmen on Monday in Lokoja.

Aya who could not give the number of passengers however, confirmed that two buses were involved,

The PPRO said that the state Commissioner of Police, Bethrand Onuoha, immediately directed the Divisional Police Officer, Local Vigilantes and Hunters to comb the bushes with a view to apprehending the hoodlums and rescuing the victims.

He disclosed that Onuoha further deployed the Tactical Squad consisting of Quick Response Unit, Police Mobile Force, Counter-Terrorism Unit, as well as conventional Police personnel to the area to continue with the bush combing to ensure all victims are rescued unhurt.

Our correspondent gathered on Monday that the buses, one from GIG Motors and the other from ABC Transport heading to Abuja were intercepted by the gun-wielding hoodlums on the lonely road in Kogi state.

The victims were said to have been marched into the bush by the hoodlums leaving no traces.

According to the source, the GIG bus left Umuahia at about 7:30am on Saturday enroute Abuja adding that the GIG company said they had contacted security agencies.

Continue Reading

Crime

Gunmen kill two royal fathers in Ekiti, another escapes by the whiskers

Published

on

By

One of the murdered Kings
Share this story

***Fish out killers, Oyebanji orders security agents

Tragedy has struck in Ekiti State where gunmen yet to be identified laid ambush for two first class traditional rulers and gunned them down in a gruesome manner on Monday
The unfortunate incident occured on IRELE -Oke Ako road in Ikole Local government area of Ekiti State .

The slain traditional rulers are Oba Olumojo of Imojo Ekiti, Oba Olatunde Samuel Olusola and the Elesun of Esun Ekiti, Oba David Babatunde Ogunsola.

Another traditional ruler, Oba Alara of Ara Ekiti,, Oba Adebayo Fatoba escaped being killed by the whiskers

They were said to be returning from a meeting when the gunmen opened fire on them, killing two of the traditional rulers on the spot.

Governor Biodun Oyebanji who confirmed the killing of the traditional rulers in a statement ordered security agencies to immediately fish out the killers of the two traditional rulers.

In the statement signed by his Special Adviser on media and publicity, Yinka Oyebode, Oyebanji condemned the gruesome murder of the two traditional rulers.

The statement reads thus :
” Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji has condemned Monday’s dastardly attack in Oke-Ako area in Ikole Local Government, which led to the gruesome killing of two traditional rulers; and ordered security agencies in the state to fish out the killers.

“The two traditional rulers- the Onimojo of Imojo Ekiti, Oba Olatunde Samuel Olusola and the Elesun of Esun Ekiti, Oba David Babatunde Ogunsola were killed in an ambush by armed men while returning from a meeting.

“The third traditional ruler, the Alara of Ara –Ekiti, Oba Adebayo Fatoba escaped the attack.”

Oyebanji, said security agents have been despatched to the area to fish out the perpetrators of the heinous crime.

The killings were carried out barely one hour Governor Oyebanji presided over the state security council meeting in Ado-Ekiti.   

Continue Reading

Trending