The Founder of Roots Television and Presidential Aspirant on the platform of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Dumebi Kachikwu, has described allegations of house demolition being peddled against him in the media by one Mr. Obinna Ararume as tissues of lies and a malicious fabrication.
Kachikwu who was reacting to allegations of demolishing part of Obinna Ararume’s house in Asokoro, wondered what a supposedly grown man would gain by going to the media with utter falsehood when he is well aware of the facts on ground.
Kachikwu said he ordinarily would not have deemed it necessary to respond to the blackmail and defamatory publications both in the television and online media, but just to state the facts as they are and prevent unsuspecting and right-thinking members of the public from being fed with lies painting him in a bad light as has already been done.
According to Kachikwu, the issue started about six years ago when Obinna Ararume and some other developers annexed parts of his property totaling about 1,500sqm and prevented him from utilizing his legally acquired land for development as intended.
Obinna Ararume on his part, had illegally annexed a part of the land measuring about 300sqm where he built a boys’ quarters, a swimming pool and a fence – a piece of land he referred to as “just two meters” in his blackmail interview with the media.
However, after several notices to quit were duly served on Obinna Ararume and others who had encroached on the land illegally, they all promised to remove the encumbrances they had caused to be erected on the land and indeed others removed theirs and reverted to the legal and statutory boundaries between their properties with the exception of Obinna Ararume who initially refused to peacefully remove the encumbrances claiming it formed a part of the land of his Father-In-Law (Mr. Theodore Orji – Former Governor of Abia State and now a serving Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria) but later accepted to remove his property on the land after pleading that same be relinquished to him which offer Mr. Kachikwu refused.
For the purpose of clarity, Kachikwu further stated: That for over six years, Obinna Ararume encroached into and annexed about 300sqm of Mr. Kachikwu’s land with a street value of over N400million and denied him the lawful use of the land by building a boys’ quarter, swimming pool and fenced the property.
That all entreaties to get him to remove the encumbrances in order for Mr. Kachikwu to develop the land failed as he initially claimed the said property belongs to his father-in-law and as such the property was theirs and he has armed security personnel who man and secure the property.
That about three years ago, when his swimming pool built on the land started leaking and the water colossally damaged Mr. Kachikwu’s property, Obinna’s attention was drawn to it, he made countless promises to peacefully remove the encumbrances and revert to the legal boundaries they all shared but never did.
After the boundary lines was formally re-established by the FCT authorities he was duly informed that Mr. Kachikwu’s engineers were going to commence work on the new boundary line which would mean removing the structures on it, and he promised to relocate his valuables from the annexed land.
That on Wednesday last week, Mr. Kachikwu’s engineers went to the site to begin work after Obinna Ararume and Mr. Kachikwu had communicated on WhatsApp where he promised to remove whatever valuables he had on the land. And in the said chats he did informed Mr. Kachikwu that he has removed his valuables thereby giving Mr. Kachikwu’s engineers the go ahead to commence removal of encumbrances from the land. The engineers thereafter went to the site with his knowledge and consent and commenced work to reclaim the property as re-established by the authorities.
Surprisingly, when the engineers returned to site on Saturday to continue their work, Obinna Ararume asked his armed security details to stop and chase them from doing their work. He thereafter invited the media to the site where he granted them interview with fabricated stories.
The record of the communications between Obinna Ararume and Kachikwu conclusively prove that Obinna Ararume is a liar and further establishes that not only did he acknowledge the said encroachment, he first pleaded that the land be ceded to him, citing the long-standing friendly relationship between the Ararume’s and Kachikwu’s families and then later accepted that the removal of the encumbrances be done after his plea failed.
That in the chats, he claimed that his family and Kachikwu’s family have had close ties for over 30 years which then destroys his claim that Kachikwu introduced himself to him
as a Presidential Aspirant.
By reason of the interview he granted, Mr. Kachikwu has been maligned and his character and reputation seriously damaged as he has not rested from calls from far and wide requesting for his response to the malicious story especially the publication by Africa Independent Television (AIT) who was amongst the television stations that visited Mr. Kachikwu to interview him after being invited by Mr. Obinna Ararume to the site where he said several lies against his person.
This press release hereby serves as a notice to Obinna Ararume to offer an unreserved apology to Mr. Kachikwu to be published in the several media outlets he employed to propagate his malicious imputations and lies against his person in which he referred to Mr. Kachikwu that he is in the habit of using security agents to intimidate and beat up Nigerians.
Mr. Kachikwu’s Media Office hereby state categorically that, failure on the part of Obinna Ararume to tender the said apology within the next 24 hours of this release, it will be left with no other option than to seek legal redress in a court of competent jurisdiction with the attendant consequences.
Group threatens to occupy govt house if Akeredolu fails to hand over to his Deputy
A group, under the aegis of Peoples Democratic Party Forever Initiative (PDPFI) has threatened to occupy government House if Governor Rotimi Akeredolu fails to handover to his Deputy, Lucky Aiyedatiwa without further delay
The group insisted that if the ailing governor fails to handover within 72 hours, they will occupy the government house on Monday.
Addressing a press conference in Abuja on Friday, the National Coordinator of the group, Obande Gideon declared that though, they will continue to pray for Akeredolu’s quick recovery as human, but his incapacitation should not affect governance.
The group said that there is a provision for a deputy who shall discharge his duties in an acting capacity as empowered by the law, adding that the All Progressives Congress (APC) is yet to provide the kind of leadership expected of it by Nigerians.
The group decried the ineptitude of APC government, adding that APC has failed to manage the political crisis in Ondo State.
PDPFI said: “The worst of it is the political vacuum in Ondo State where the APC led Federal government used in showcasing its ineptitude towards governance in the Country.
“It also happened in Taraba State when the late Gov Danbaba Suntai had an air crash, we resolved the crisis but the ruling APC has failed woefully in managing the political crisis in Ondo State. This is a sign that the APC led Federal government is insensitive to the plights of Nigerians.”
The group further pointed out that APC has abandoned the constitution to serve some personal interest.
It wondered why it is so difficult to call the State Assembly to order and ensure smooth working relationship between the Deputy Governor and the sick Governor’s family.
The group warned that they can not fold their hands and watch the nation been sank, adding that their action is to guide the ruling party.
The group said: “Once upon a time, our party, the peoples Democratic Party attempted to protest against the leadership vacuum in Ondo State but the security agencies prevented us. We are not giving up, we are resilience in propagating good governance at all time.
“It has become ridiculous and indeed a laughing stock the activities of non state actors, who display their overbearing influence on the management of affairs of Ondo State in view of their relationship with the ailing Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu.
“The Governor has been around in the Country but obviously not fit enough to manage the affairs of the State. The question is, since the Deputy Governor is not allowed to act, and the Governor has refused to resume, who is administering the State at the moment.
“We hereby call on Governor Olawarotimi Akeredolu to resume within 72hours or hand over power to his Deputy for effective management of Ondo State.
“We make bold to say that, if the Governor fail to resume or handover power to his Deputy within 72hours, we will have no option than to occupy Ondo State Government House to press home our demand, he stated.
Adamant NLC, TUC declare nationwide strike starting Monday midnight
Despite restraining order by the National Industrial Court (NIC) against the Nigeria Labour Congress, (NLC), and the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUC), counterparts from embacking on strike, the unions have resolved to commence the planned nationwide strike from midnight today (Monday)
In a statement on Monday, the unions ordered workers nationwide to withdraw their services at midnight.
“In furtherance to the decision of the Joint National Executive Council (NEC) of NLC and TUC, all workers in Nigeria are hereby directed to withdraw their services effective 12:00 midnight today, 13th November 2023,” the unions said in a joint statement.
“Consequently, all affiliates and state councils of NLC/TUC are directed to issue circulars for maximum compliance and these circulars be made available to the National Secretariats or posted to the NEC and CWC Whatsapp Platforms.”
While assuring members of further updates about the nationwide strike, organised labour urged them to “remain assured of our commitment to Nigerian workers and people”.
The strike is part of labour’s moves to push for justice after the National President of the NLC Joe Ajaero was malhandled in Imo State last week. Ajaero and other NLC members were in the South-East state for a protest over “non-payment of salaries and pensions for 44 months and violation of other labour rights”.
However, the NLC chief was treated as a criminal in the state with the union accusing Imo state of arranging the attack to stifle protests over workers’ rights. Ajaero was badly hurt, bundled into a van and briefly detained, according to the union.
Following the incident, NLC and TUC threatened to go on a nationwide strike on November 14 if the government failed to meet its demands, which included the resignation of police officials.
“We are worried that it has become criminal for workers in Nigeria to gather for a peaceful protest,” they said.
Last week, the unions picketed the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja to press home their demands, leaving travellers stranded.
Recent strikes have had a mixed turnout. Last month the unions agreed to call off a planned strike in protest over rising living costs after the government offered a package of measures to cushion the impact of its economic reforms.
NUJ FCT Chairman buries beloved wife amid tears, wailing
The remains of Late Mrs. Anthonia Attah Osadebamwen, wife of the Chairman, Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Council, Comrade Osaretin Patrick Osadebamwen were laid to rest amid tears and wailing in the ancient city of Benin, Edo State on Wednesday.
Comrade Osaretin is also a senior correspondent of the Tribune Newspapers in the FCT.
Among those who sent condolence messages to the Chairman, NUJ, FCT Council included the Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory, Dr. Mariya Mahmoud.
In a statement she personally signed, Mahmoud stated that: “It is with a deep sense of loss and sadness that I convey to you my heartfelt condolence on the death of your amiable spouse, Mrs. Anthonia Attah Osadebamwen.
“I can’t imagine the pain you are going through, but in this time of sorrow, may you find peace and solace in the loving memories you shared with your dear wife.
“As you comprehend this profound loss, my heart goes out to you, and the rest of your family, and I wish you nothing but comfort and strength.
“On behalf of the Office of the Honourable Minister ot State, FCT, do accept my deepest sympathies for this great loss.
“May the Almighty GOD grant her eternal rest.”.
Speaking after the burial, Comrade Osaretin Patrick Osadebamwen maintained that the late Mrs. Osadebamwen was a virtuous and supportive wife whose demise was a great loss to the entire family.
He said: “My sweetheart, the 6th wonder of Igala-nation, my pride, my love, our love story is taking a new turn. One that would take a very long time to agitate my mind. It is about your sudden exit. You played me, my love. You sent me on an errand, and before I came back, you were on your way to heaven. Not my wailing could hold you back. So sweet was your heavenly sight you always talked about. You saw it, liked being there, and disregarded my call to return. And you were excited.
“Today, the beautiful moments seem to have all gone. Wait, not gone. Efeosa Eseosa is here, so is Omosefe Ufedoh and Osarhiemen Ojone. They are the products of our union. The blessings of God that added no sorrow. I love you, my darling.”.
Crime1 month ago
Police nabs Killer of Varsity Lecturer in Niger
News2 months ago
IPOB: Simon Ekpa gives reason for seperatists clamour for Biafra
News From Kogi3 months ago
Echocho Challenges Tribunal Judgment ordering rerun in 94 polling units
News From Kogi3 weeks ago
INEC cancells election in 67 polling units in Ogori-Magongo in Kogi
Appointment2 months ago
Tinubu names El-Rufai, Tope Fasua, others in New appointments
Crime1 month ago
FUT female lecturer Murdered in her Minna residence
News from Jigawa4 weeks ago
Group applauds Jigawa Gov over N500m Malnutrition Medicine procured for 10, 000 Children
Politics2 months ago
Ododo/Oyibo campaign in harvest of decampees as NNPP reps candidate, Amanabo Joins APC with Supporters