The Parliament Diary newspaper has fixed Monday, 22nd May as the date it will host its 3rd Annual Lecture Series and Awards Ceremony for the year 2023.
A release to that effect, signed by the management of the newspaper, and issued on Friday, disclosed that the theme of the lecture is: “Rebuilding the Broken Walls: A Collective Responsibility”. The guest speaker will be the erudite Dr. Joseph C. Ibekwe who is the Director, FLED International Leadership Institute Abuja.
According to the release, the 22nd May Parliament Diary Awards Ceremony “will be one of the most outstanding” going by the caliber of guests presenting themselves for honour.
For The Parliament Diary Special Recognition Award, the newspaper is giving the honour to:
(1) Major Dr. Hamza Al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer to General Sani Abacha and 2023 Presidential Candidate of the Action Alliance (the Plaque for Valor and Patriotism Award)
(2) His Excellency, Dr. Mohammad Mahmood Abubakar, Hon. Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development (Plaque for Commitment and Diligent Service)
(3) Hon. Usman Ibrahim, Founder, MBO/TAKS Dynamic Support Organization (Plaque of Philanthropy Humanitarian Service)
(4) Major Peter Janka (Rtd), CEO, Janka Security Services Limited (Plaque for Humanitarian Service)
(5) Rev. Dr. Joseph Ndirang, former Deputy General Secretary, Agric Union of the Nigeria Labour Congress (Plaque for Commitment and Diligent Service)
(6) Engr. Joseph Ewuga, Managing Director, Ewugson Electrical Limited (Plaque for Youth Empowerment and Community Development Service)
For The Parliament Diary Public Service Awards, the newspaper will recognize and honour:
(a) Chief Clement Ojukwu, National Organizing Secretary of the Labour Party as Leader of the Year;
(b) Mrs. Ene Dakoro, Deputy Director, Mass Housing Development Control, Federal Capital Territory Administration as Woman of the Year
(c) Rt. Hon. Fatoumata Njai, Member Representing Bangul South Constituency in the Gambia National Assembly as Legislator of the Year
(d) Hon. Princess Miriam Odinaka Onuoha, Chairman, House Committee on Disabilities and Special Needs as Reps Member of the Year
(e) Her Excellency, Hajiya Gumsu Sani-Buni, Wife of Yobe State Governor as First Lady of the Year
(f) Her Excellency, Dame Pauline Kadem Tallen, OFR Honourable Minister of Women Affairs as Minister of the Year
(g) FLED Group as Human Capital Development Firm of the Year
(h) Mr. John Akubo, Senate Correspondent of the Guardian Newspapers as Journalist of the Year
(i) Amb. Alex Uboh, President of Coalition of Ndokwa Peace Youth Ambassadors as Youth Leader of the Year among others
To chair the occasion will be Chief Gbazuagu Clement Ojukwu, National Organizing Secretary of Labour Party Nigeria.
Special Guests of Honour will include: Her Excellency, Hajiya Gumsu Sani-Buni, First Lady of Yobe State; Major Dr. Hamza Al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer to General Sani Abacha and 2023 Presidential Candidate of the Action Alliance; Rt. Hon. Fatoumata Njai, Member Representing Bangul South Constituency (Independent Member) in Gambia National Assembly and Hon. Princess Miriam Onuoha, Chairman, House Committee on Disabilities and Special Needs in the Nigeria National Assembly.
Major Peter Janka, CEO of Janka Security Services Limited, Hon. Usman Ibrahim, Founder, MBO/TAKS Dynamic Support Organization and Mrs. Ene Dakoro, Deputy Director, Mass Housing Development Control, Federal Capital Territory Administration will be recognized as Guests of Honour
The Royal Father of Day for the occasion is: His Royal Highness Amb. Dr. David Kingston Okey-Dede, Ochigbo II Mpape (Maitama Extension); while the Mother of the Day will be Her Excellency, Dame Pauline Kadem Tallen OFR, Honourable Minister of Women Affairs.